Uber has partnered with Slum2School to make "Giving" possible this festive season in its UberGIVING initiative.
This Saturday, 10th of December, Uber is using its technology to help Nigerians to give back to those in need. All you simply do is tap a button, and watch as an UberGIVING driver-partner arrives at your doorstep to pick up your donations. Donating those much needed items has never been this quick and convenient!
What Uber is collecting:
- Children and adult clothing
- General toiletries
- Baby formula, nappies, baby food
- Children's toys
- Non-perishable food items
- Open the Uber app between 9AM – 12PM on Saturday, 10 December
- Swipe right and select UberGIVING
- Request a ride as usual
- A driver will arrive at your pick-up location to collect your donations
- UberGIVING will run between 9am – 12pm on Saturday, 10 December 2016. Requests must be placed within those hours.
- UberGIVING will be available in Lagos and Abuja.
- There will be no charge to your account for requesting the UberGIVING service.
- All donations must be bagged or boxed in order for drivers to accept your donation. If possible, please mark clearly what you are donating,
- #UberGIVING will be in high demand so please be patient!
Both companies had a similar initiative this time last year tagged “Christmas in a Box”