Three new Bishops, two Archbishops and a Dean were consecrated today, July 24th, 2016 at 10am by the Primate of the Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion), The Most Rev'd Nicholas Okoh at the Archbishop Vining Memorial Cathedral Church (AVMCC) Ikeja, Lagos State. The Bishops that were consecrated are:
- The Very Rev'd. B. C. Akinpelu Johnson, the Bishop-elect for Lagos Mainland. Before his election, he was the Provost of the Cathedral Church of Christ Marina, Lagos Diocese. He succeeds the Most. Rev. Prof. Adebayo Akinde due to retire soon.
- Ven. Prof. Israel Kelue Okoye for the Diocese of Ihiala. Before his election, Professor Okoye was the General Secretary for the Church of Nigeria. He succeeds the Rt. Rev. Ralph C. Okafor who is going on mandatory retirement.
- Also, the former Dean of Lagos West Diocese, Venerable Abel Oluyemi Ajibodu has been elected Bishop for the Diocese of Ile-Oliji. He succeeds the Rt. Rev. Samson Adekunle who is retiring.
- The Rt. Rev. Michael Olusina Fape, Bishop Diocese of Remo was elected the new Archbishop of Lagos Province, following the retirement of the Most Rev. (Prof) Adebayo Akinde, the outgoing Archbishop.
- The Most Rev. Christian Efobi, Bishop of Aguata Diocese has also been elected for the second term as Archbishop of the Niger Province.
- The Most Rev. Dr. Ikechi Nwosu, the incumbent Bishop of Umuahia and Archbishop of Aba Province was elected as the new Dean.