Monday, October 15, 2012
For the past three weeks, my pastor has speaking on a series "The Law of Confession". Yesterday was the concluding part of the message. Just want to share this with you, I hope you experience a change in your life as I have.
Confession is a declaration of the truth that you have embraced within your life. It is making a continuous affirmation of what you believe. Confessions don't work because you say it publicly in the ears of others. The words you speak is for yourself and not for others.
Seven Things You Need To Understand on why Confession Works
1. It is the way in which you sow the seed of God's word into your heart. The spoken word is a means by which you plant your seed. The way you get words into your mind is by saying it.
2. Confessions of God's word causes faith to come to you. As you confess God's word it causes the substance of God's word to enter inside of you.
3. It works because you renew your mind. Confession helps you check your fears.
4. It works because it keeps the answer before your eyes. Words Paint pictures. What you continuously say you will see. You start seeing what you confess.
5. It works because it sets the laws of faith into motion
6. It sets your angels to work for you. When you voice out your confessions, your angels start working on the outside for you.
7. It works because you practiced the other six points!
To listen to more messages by Pastor Poju Oyemade, log on to: www.elibrary.insightsforliving.org or go to iTunes store, click on podcasts and search for insightsforliving/PojuOyemade
The first Law of Supreme Influence states, “I create my reality.” Creating your life by design means taking full ownership and total personal accountability for where you are right now. By accepting that you are fully “at cause” for your life, you access the wisdom to recognize how your moment-to-moment thoughts, words, and actions create the results you experience.
Each of us is the author and architect of the results we experience. Every thought we have, word we speak (whether to ourselves or out loud), and action we take is like planting a seed; a seed that will germinate and grow when the appropriate conditions are present. Like farmers carefully planting the next harvest, we reap the effects of having sown the seeds of past thoughts and behaviors. There are no idle thoughts! Everything we see, and everything we experience has its origin and cause in the realm of thought. Understanding this phenomenon is the beginning of true wisdom.
In life, you either get results or you give reasons, there is no in between. When you get a result and own it, whether you perceive it to be desirable or not, you become empowered through the wisdom that is found in recognizing how your thoughts, words, and actions create the results you receive. Owning your results is living “at cause”, giving reasons only initiates the opportunity to create similar results in the future.
Any time someone gives a reason, even when it seems to be real and true, it leads to a loss of personal power. Giving reasons assumes what is happening outside of you is more powerful than your ability to transform it. And that is not true! You have the power to shift your world. It begins with you!
Here are a few red flags that will illuminate anytime you’ve momentarily forgotten your creative power. Anytime you catch yourself blaming, minimizing, denying, or justifying – let it serve as a signal to bring your awareness to the present moment and come back to “cause.” As soon as you catch yourself, you can make a new choice. This gives you freedom! Being at cause for what occurs in your life gives you power, supporting you on your journey to be the change you wish to see in the world.